EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers
EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers is our today topic of discussion firstly we are going to give you a short and briefly introduction of module. PITB conducted a training session on EaSTE Module 2 (Reading and Critical Thinking Skills) for Training Consultants (TCs) of the British Council, who will then equip District Subject Experts (DSEs) as lead trainers for future trainings.
The EaSTE Module 2 training was imparted as part of the ‘English as a Subject for Teachers and Educators (EaSTE)’ project, a collaborative effort of the Quaid-e-Azam Academy for Educational Development (QAED), School Education Department (SED) and British Council aiming to acquaint the PSTs across Punjab through PITB developed Training Management System (TMS) with the latest English language skills. This key initiative aims to give online access to 140,000+ PSTs from 32,000+ public schools for different courses.
IT-Solutions Senior Program Manager Hammad Ullah shared the progress and learning outcomes from the successful rollout of EaSTE Module 1 and introduced the Module 2 to the participants. Program Manager Zartasha Munawar gave a demo of the EaSTE dashboard while highlighting the key features of TMS. The session concluded with a Q&A session.
Now to facilitate this easily we are going to give to all answers and question to save your time and prepare yourself.
Note: This is only for preparation purpose.
Table of Contents
Solution of EaSTE Module 2
Unit No. 1
This is Unit No. 1 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- Critical thinking skills make primary learners more curious, creative, and confident. True
- In the National Curriculum, there are three benchmarks under two standards for Reading Competency. False
- In the National Curriculum, there are two benchmarks under two standards for Reading Competency. True
- A better understanding of the text can be gained by reading aloud. False
- Fluent reading involves a process called chunking True
- Phonemes are larger units in spoken language False
- The aim of learning phonics is to understand letters and spoken sounds: True
- Intensive learning aims at a better and deeper understanding of a text: True
- In the national curriculum, there are three benchmarks under reading competency: False
- Scanning is reading a text for its gist: False
- Extensive reading focuses on detailed understanding of the short text: False
- The reading skills is closely connected with the learner’s imagination: True
- pause and preview allows learners to check prior understanding of the text: True
- If learners meet a word they don’t know when reading the show : underline the word and continue to read
- To develop fluency teachers should focus on developing learners’ memory and accuracy: False
- You can ask learners for their ___ and ideas to engage them in a reading lesson: opinions
- The teacher should start reading the text without setting the context of the text False
- All children need opportunities to practice all skills even the ones they don’t like True
- An example of control practice is: correcting mistakes
- Constructive feedback should be specific understand: True
- Learners word lose interest if they read dash classroom: True
- The session is only about making activities more challenging: False
- An activity where the learner completes a task using is called a: communicative task
- And practical reading test questions should test both reading and writing skills False
- Buy learners are able to retail – or words: summarizing
- Learners act out a dialogue from the text in the while-reading stage: False
- Guessing the meaning of a new word that is not obvious in it’s called: Inferring
- The main reason we pre-teach vocabulary before a reading activity is so that we can understand the text
- Feedback helps the learner to understand what they are doing well and how they can do better: True
- A better understanding of the text can be gained by reading allowed: False
- Formative assessment can be done in any reading and critical thinking lesson :True
- You can help the learner lives and world around them : True
Unit No. 2
This is Unit No. 2 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- By _____, learners are able to retell the gist of a text in their own words.
- context clues
- You can help the learners value what they are reading by making connections to their own personal lives and world around them
- You can ask learners for their _____ and ideas to engage them in a reading lesson.
- _____ helps the learners to connect their existing knowledge to new information.
- Through ______, readers can imagine the characters and settings of a story.
- Showing pictures related to a story and asking questions about it is a good way to get learners interested in the story.
- You can use questions to develop learners’ _____ thinking skills.
- lower order and higher order
- lower order
- higher order
- You should not give any information about the reading text before learners start reading.
- To develop fluency, teachers should focus on developing learners’ memory and accuracy
Unit No. 3
This is Unit No. 3 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- Guessing the meaning of the new words or understanding a message that is not immediately obvious in the reading text is called…………
- The learners act out a dialogue from the text in the while reading stage.
- Teachers should start reading the text without setting the context of the text.
- Pronunciation can be taught and practiced through reading aloud.
- Learners should be encouraged to deduce the meaning of new vocabulary from the context.
- Tasks focusing on meaning e.g. comprehension questions, summarizing, are usually assigned in the while reading stage.
- Pause and preview allows learners to check their prior understanding of the text.
- Critical thinking can be developed by asking various questions during reading and getting learners to give reasons for their answers.
- …… allows the learners to think about what might happen at the end of the text
- Reading aloud
- Variation in engages learners while the teacher reads aloud….
- Eye contact
- Tone and voice
- The stage of the reading lesson where you introduce the topic ,find out what learners know about it get them interested and ready to read is called
- Pre reading
- Post reading
- While reading
Unit No. 4
This is Unit No. 4 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- Critical thinking skills only help learners in their studies.
- To complete a reading task, learners need…
- ten times as long as the teacher
- about two and a half times as long as the teacher
- the same length of time as the teacher
- the correct answer is: about two and a half times as long as the teacher
- Learners won’t lose interest if the reading becomes communicative in the classroom.
- Learners should start reading the text…
- at the beginning of the lesson
- while listening to the instructions
- when the teacher tells them to start the activity
- Encouragement is one of the basic techniques to help learners become more communicative in their reading lessons
- There is less opportunity for classroom reading to be communicative than routine reading at home.
- If learners meet a word they don’t know when reading, they should…
- immediately ask the teacher
- underline the word and continue reading
- stop reading and look the word up in the dictionary
- Inquiry’ in critical thinking skills is all about asking questions to find information in the text.
- In the real world, people usually read a film review to…
- practice their English
- acquire new vocabulary
- decide whether they want to see the film
- Communication is the sharing of ideas and experiences between the reader and listener.
- The main reason we pre-teach vocabulary before a reading activity is…
- so that learners can understand the text
- to fill time
- because it might be in the exam
Unit No. 5
This is Unit No. 5 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- When we give extra support to learners so they can complete an activity, it’s called
- All learners should respond to a task through the same medium.
- Learners can acquire new __ by reading.
- grammar structures
- An activity where learners look at the title or pictures and guess what they’re going to read is called __.
- professional development
- We can help learners complete a reading activity by dividing it into __ chunks.
- All learners need opportunities to practice all skills.
- We can help learners to understand the meaning of a text by making the __ words bold.
- An example of ‘controlled practice’ is __.
- completing example sentences
- writing a speech
- correcting mistakes
- When learners try out new language they have met in a limited activity it’s called __.
- controlled practice
- Differentiation is only about making activities more challenging.
- After learners meet new language, the teacher can include a __ stage.
- controlled practice
- An activity where learners complete a task using whatever language they want is called
- communicative task
Unit No. 6
This is Unit No. 6 Quiz and its solution of EaSTE Module 2 Complete Questions and Answers. Here are listed below :
- You can gather evidence of learning in your reading and critical thinking lessons by noticing what learners are doing, saying or writing.
- An effective reading test question should test both reading and writing skills.
- Constructive feedback should be specific and easy for students to understand.
- Feedback helps learners to understand what they are doing well and how they can do better.
- Formative assessment can be done in any reading and critical thinking lesson.
- Feedback should focus only on what learners need to improve.
These are complete Questions and Answers of EaSTE Module 2.
Quaid-e-Azam Academy for Educational Development Punjab, is premier teacher training institution of the Punjab. It is mandated to take care of around ~0.3 million teacher’s professional development, School based CPD, Leadership and Management Courses, Early Childhood Education and Promotion Linked Training are some of the many prime responsibilities of QAED. With network of 43 District QAED Academies, it caters the professional needs of teachers, education managers and educational persona of the province. Its start many project one of them is EaSTE Module 1 and EaSTE Module 2 for Teachers of Punjab.